This slideshow requires JavaScript.

A record of model engineering in Plymouth dates back to 1947, but it was in the late 1960’s that the foundation of Plymouth Miniature Steam (PMS) was established. A raised track in Plymouth Central Park was operated in the 1970’s, but the present home of “Goodwin Park” was formally opened at Easter 1990.


The land is leased from Plymouth City Council and is part of a designated nature reserve with a ground level track for 3 1/2”, 5” and 7 1/4” gauge locomotives; this is arranged as a dual circuit track over different levels of approximately 1/2 mile in length.

Running days occur on the first 3 Sundays each month from April to October, rides for the public are 75 pence on the first and third Sundays (see Events) and a member’s only day on the second Sunday.